Join us in celebrating 20 years of EBASE!
2019 marks EBASE’s 20th Anniversary! Thank you to EVERYONE who has supported EBASE over the years and contributed to our vision of a just and inclusive economy with dignified jobs, stable homes, and healthy neighborhoods for all. With your help, we have won dozens of groundbreaking victories over the past two decades for our people, our cities, our future!
We are pleased to invite you to our 20th Anniversary event, “Venceremos: We Will Win!,” which will take place on Thursday, December 5, 2019, 6:00-9:00pm, at the newly renovated Oakland Airport Hilton. Join us for a night of joy and reflection as we celebrate two decades of bringing together community, labor, and people of faith to build power and win justice at work and in our neighborhoods. Get your ticket here.
You can also help us celebrate EBASE’s 20th birthday by becoming a Venceremos sponsor! Please complete this form and mail it to “EBASE 2019 Event” 360 14th Street, 4th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612. For more information about sponsorships, please contact Noah Gaiser, firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking back, we take pride in how far we have come. With your support, EBASE has:
- Won 24 local policies and agreements that raise the floor on low-wage work, open the door to good jobs, create healthy and stable communities, and set cutting-edge precedents that have been replicated across the state and country.
- Improved the lives of nearly 100,000 low-wage workers, the majority of whom are people of color.
- Supported the leadership development of hundreds of fierce grassroots leaders from Oakland to Concord.
- Forged lasting and powerful coalitions with over 200 organizational partners.
- Leveraged more than $2.5 billion to create good jobs for those who are often locked out of opportunity.
Looking forward, there’s a long road ahead to realize our vision. Yet we feel more inspired than ever by the incredible energy of this moment: fierce women of color governing with bold, progressive values; teachers and hotel workers striking for dignity; tenants, immigrants, and allies bolding claiming the right to stay. With your support, EBASE will continue to foster deep connections and unwavering solidarity across communities. And, together, we will win!
Please join us and make your commitment today.
In celebration and in solidarity,
P.S. It’s not too late to sponsor the event and make another 20 years of EBASE possible! Please contact email@example.com for details.
THANK YOU, EARLY BIRD SPONSORS!
California Federation of Teachers
Causa Justa::Just Cause (CJJC)
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 595
Laborers’ International Union of North America (LiUNA) Local 304
Movement Strategy Center
Northern California Carpenters Regional Council (NCCRC)
Rob Bonta for California State Assembly
SEIU Local 1021
The San Francisco Foundation
UFCW Western States Council