(ver la informacion en Español más abajo)

You may qualify for a program that can cover a portion of your lost wages due to COVID-19.

  1. My hours are reduced because of COVID-19.

File an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claim with the State of California. UI provides a portion of your wages if your employer shuts down operations or your hours were reduced.

  1. I can’t work because I’ve been diagnosed or quarantined.

File a Disability Insurance (DI) claim with the State of California. If you are unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), DI provides short-term payments.

  1. I can’t work because I need to take care of someone who has been diagnosed.

File a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim with the State of California. PFL provides up to six weeks of benefit payments to eligible workers who need time off work to care for a qualified sick family member.

  1. I’m a parent and the school closures impact my child.

If you can’t work because your child is impacted by school closures, you may be eligible for UI.

  1. Call the Employment Development Department to apply for the above programs:
  • English (800) 300-5616
  • Español (800) 326-8937
  • 廣東話 (800) 547-3506
  • 普通話 (866) 303-0706
  • Tiếng Việt (800) 547-2058
  • TTY (800) 815-9387

Fair Labor Oakland Hotline

Oakland workers may call the Fair Labor Oakland hotline at (510) 646-0521 for more information about local law, resources, and referrals to service providers.


Additional Resources

Alameda County Health Department – COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions


Alameda County Social Services


Check eligibility and apply for medical, food, and cash assistance

Employment Development Department – State of California




Puede tener derecho a un programa que puede cubrir una parte del salario que pierda debido a COVID-19.

  1. Me han reducido las horas debido a COVID-19.

Presente un reclamo de seguro de desempleo (UI). UI cubre una parte de su salario si su empleador cierra o reduce sus horas de trabajo.

  1. No puedo trabajar porque me han diagnosticado o puesto en cuarentena.

Presente un reclamo de Seguro de Discapacidad (DI). Si no puede trabajar por tener o haber estado expuesto a COVID-19 (certificado por un profesional médico), el DI otorga pagos de beneficios a corto plazo.

  1. No puedo trabajar porque debo cuidar a alguien al que se le ha diagnosticado.

Presente un reclamo de Permiso Familiar Pagado (PFL) de California. El PFL proporciona hasta seis semanas de pagos de beneficios a trabajadores elegibles que necesiten tiempo libre para cuidar a un familiar enfermo cualificado.

  1. Soy padre y el cierre de la escuela afecta a mi hijo.

Si no puede trabajar porque los cierres de escuelas han afectado a su hijo, puede tener derecho a seguro de desempleo.

5. ¿Dónde solicito estos programas? Llame al Departamento de Desarrollo de Empleados de California (EDD)

  • English (800) 300-5616
  • Español (800) 326-8937
  • 廣東話 (800) 547-3506
  • 普通話 (866) 303-0706
  • Tiếng Việt (800) 547-2058
  • TTY (800) 815-9387

¿Dónde busco más apoyo? Llame a Fair Labor Oakland (510) 646-0521 — se habla Español.



Email Signup

This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error
Error: Server configuration issue