Immigrant Rights in EBASE’s Work
Immigrant voices and experiences are an essential part of all of EBASE’s economic justice campaigns. We believe that people’s jobs, homes, and neighborhoods should be sanctuaries where everyone’s contributions are valued.
However, with Washington calling for walls, bans, and increased border patrols, it’s time to stand up to hate and ramp up our efforts like never before. EBASE will fight to keep immigrant families and communities together.
EBASE is DEFENDING immigrant communities to STOP our local government, law enforcement, and employers from collaborating with the federal deportation machine.
- EBASE builds strong coalitions of community, labor, and faith leaders that respond to local immigrant communities’ needs. We are the convener of the Raise the Roof Coalition in Contra Costa County, and a member of ACUDIR (Alameda County United in Defense of Immigrant Rights) in Alameda County.
- We fight for Sanctuary City policies that stop local government and law officials from working with ICE, and help keep hard working immigrant families together. We are currently mobilizing in the City of Concord.
- We organize for Sanctuary Workplace policies that protect immigrant workers from retaliation when they stand up for better wages and working conditions. We recently supported Unite Here Local 2850 in winning Sanctuary Workplace resolutions in Oakland and Emeryville.
- We advocate for state-wide policies that take a stand against hate like the California Values Act and the Immigrant Worker Protection Act, to make California a model of inclusive policies for the rest of the country.
- We call out Sheriffs on racist and anti-immigrant practices to make sure that immigrant members of our communities are able to live safe lives.
Join us as we stand up for everyone’s right to decide where we call home. Because we should all have a place to belong and feel safe.